Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) resumption date for the completion of the 2019/2020 academic session.
The management of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) has fixed the resumption date for the completion of 2019/2020 academic session.
ABU Resumption Date
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Sexual And Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition 2021 for Nigerians
Ahmadu Bello University fixes Monday, 25th January 2021 as the date for reopening of the institution for the resumption of academic activities.
However, this is subject to further directives that may be issued by the Federal and Kaduna State Governments.
At its 501 (Special) Meeting held today (12 January 2021), the Senate of the University has approved the institution’s reopening. The 2019/2020 academic session would be completed based on the adjusted calendar as approved by the Senate.
The decision to reponed the University followed the suspension of ASUU strike and the directive by National University Commission (NUC) based on the advisory/clearance by the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 that University could reopen 18th January 2021 under strict observance of COVID-19 protocols.
The reopening of the University would be on a gradually phased basis in the following order:
- All graduating/Final year students
- 100 and 200 levels students
- All clinical medical students
- All postgraduate students to be handled virtually using online ICT supported blended teaching and learning arrangement.
- All other non-graduating classes
- 300 Level in the case of the 4-year degree programme
- 300 and 400 levels in the case of 5-years degree programme
- 300, 400 and 500 levels in the case of 6-years degree programme
It should be noted that all non-pharmaceutical COVID-19 protocols would be strictly observed anywhere on campus, and every student must submit online an undertaking to abide by all the COVID-19 protocols both within and outside the Campus. Students who failed to complete and submit this form online will not be able to their exams card.
Also, the University Management would, within the limit of its resources, support the University Health Service (UHS) with the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and a Holding Bay to ensure safe handling of any suspected cases.
Equally, Management would take all necessary actions to strengthen the university’s security architecture and assure the University community of adequate safety and security.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!