Lagos State University (LASU) has released a publication to remind students what constitutes indecent dressing while on the University Campuses, Ojo, Ikeja, Epe and Badagry.
The management of the Lagos State University (LASU) has observed that some students are in the habit of violating the University Rules and Regulations on what constitutes indecent dressing on campus and these acts by the students are being tolerated by members of Staff (Teaching and Non- Teaching)
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
In view of this, the students are hereby reminded of what constitutes indecent dressing while on the University Campuses, Ojo, Ikeja, Epe and Badagry. The students are also enjoined to beware of the consequences of their activities as the full enforcement of the University rule has commenced.
The following constitute inappropriate modes of dressing by students which shall attract sanctions from the University:
- Wearing transparent dresses, mini and skimpy skirts/dresses, and other clothes revealing sensitive parts of the body;
- Wearing tattered, dirty jeans with holes or obscene subliminal messages;
- Wearing “baggy”, saggy”, “yansh”, “ass level” and over length trousers;
- Wearing tight fitting apparels that reveal body shape and contours of the body;
- Wearing T-Shirts and Tops with obscene, obnoxious or seductive inscription;
- Wearing of loose tie, folding, holding and pocketing of ties;
- Wearing shirt without buttons, improperly buttoned, rolling of sleeves or flying collar;
- Wearing of face caps or complete covering of face;
- Piercing of body and tattooing;
- Wearing of ear rings by male students;
- Wearing of nose ring, very big dropping ear rings and necklaces by female students;
- Wearing of distractive knocking shoes like stiletto heels to lecture rooms and the Library is frowned at and students may denied admittance to such places;
- Plaiting weaving, bonding of hair by male students
- knickers, tight shots and slacks are allowed only for sports;
- Wearing of slippers is not allowed;
- Wearing of lousy, unkempt, extremely bogus hair or artificial hair.
Please NOTE that any student found violating any of the rules would be made to face the students’ Disciplinary Committee.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!